Trinity College’s campus space at 10 Constitution Plaza is a one-story modern glass building on the historic Constitution Plaza in downtown Hartford, located about 2 miles north of Trinity’s main campus. The largest room, the Collaboration Space, can provide table-top seating for 50 people and overall seating for 70 people. Two additional classrooms also can seat about 16 people each. Interested in hosting your event or meeting at 10 Constitution Plaza? Great! Here’s some helpful information to get you started.
- Guests from outside Trinity College should make reservations directly with the Communications and Program Assistant, Morgan Finn, by email email@example.com or phone 860–297–5166.
- Trinity staff and faculty can reserve the space through the EMS online reservation system at reservations.trincoll.edu to schedule a time, day, and room.
- Trinity students must get pre-approval from Student Activities before hosting an event in the building.
- The space is available to reserve during normal weekday business hours: Monday–Friday, 9:00 am–4:30 pm. Extra fees may apply if the event takes place before 9:00 am or after 4:30 pm during the week, or on weekends. Please contact Morgan Finn to learn more.
- You may hold a room up to one week in advance of the scheduled event.
Rates & Space Configuration
- For guests from outside Trinity College, the rental space is available at $100 per hour, with additional fees for events outside of normal weekday business hours. Discounts may be available for non-profit organizations with lower budgets. To request a discount, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 860–297–5166.
- Trinity staff, faculty, and students may reserve space at 10 Constitution Plaza at no cost, but additional charges may apply for events outside of normal weekday business hours.
- You can arrange the room however you’d like, but please set the room back to its original classroom configuration at the end of the event. Here’s the Collaboration Space Floor Plan for reference.
- There are no Media and Technology Support technicians stationed at 10 Constitution Plaza. The building has wireless internet (Eduroam for higher education users, and TrinGuest for guest users), whiteboards, Mac and PC loaner laptops, two Microsoft Surface Hubs, and two Samsung Smart Televisions. The building is equipped with computer projection on a large screen, with HDMI and VGA cables. You may use your own laptop or request to borrow a laptop for use only inside the building.
- If your event includes catering needs, we can accommodate a wide variety of local caterers. These are our pre-approved caterers:
- If you would like to use a caterer that is not listed, please give us at least 2 weeks’ notice and contact Morgan Finn at email@example.com or 860–297–5166.
- If you would like to serve alcohol at your event, you must use our pre-approved alcohol provider, Chartwells at Trinity College, and provide us with 30 days’ notice.
- Trinity College and Capital Community College students, faculty, and staff are welcome to drop in and use the space during normal weekday hours from 9:00 am–4:30 pm, provided they don’t disrupt classes that are in session. To reserve a meeting room, contact Morgan Finn or use the Trinity EMS online reservation system.
- 10 Constitution Plaza is a smoke-free establishment.
- Pets, except those assisting the physically impaired, are not allowed in the building.
Transportation and Parking
- 10 Constitution Plaza is located in downtown Hartford, approximately 2 miles from Trinity College’s main campus. Refer to our Transportation page for more information on how to get to 10 Constitution Plaza.
- Parking is available for an extra cost at the Constitution Plaza South Garage around 68 Kinsley Street. If you would like to arrange for parking validation for your guests, please contact Morgan Finn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860–297–5166.
Planning an event doesn’t have to be stressful! If you have any questions or need additional support, please contact Morgan Finn at email@example.com or 860–297–5166.