Please join us on Monday, December 9th for the Liberal Arts Action Lab Digital Poster Fair at 10 Constitution Plaza, Hartford, CT. Drop-in anytime between 4-6:00 pm, and light refreshments will be served.
Come see the results of Action Lab student team research projects: The Hurricane Maria Relocation Project with Lilly Sin Barreras, the Youth Homelessness Project with CT Coalition to End Homelessness, the Absentee Landlord Project with SINA, and the Youth Sports Project with Active City.
- The Southside Institutions Neighborhood Alliance (SINA) asked about the prevalence of absentee-owned, small multi-family properties in the south end to help them strategize about community development plans.
- Students: Michael Serrano (CCC), Lena Wright (CCC)
- Active City asked for research about who is and is not participating in organized youth sports in Hartford, with the goal of increasing participation in organized youth sports.
- Students: Gayler Grace (CCC), Lily Everett (TC ‘20), Erick Peña (TC ‘20), Katie Marlow-Benedick (TC ‘20)
- CT Coalition to End Homelessness asked for help improving their outreach to schools about the estimated 5,000 youth who are experiencing homelessness in the state.
- Students: Karolina Barrientos (TC ‘22), Clare Donohoe (TC ‘22), Clare Blanchard (TC ‘22), Jeremiah Rodriguez (CCC)
- Lilly Sin Barreras asked for a diagnosis about what went well and what went wrong during the relocation of refugees from Hurricane Maria to Hartford.
- Students: Christian Gardner (CCC), Maria Martinez (TC ‘22), Olivia Painchaud (TC ‘21)
This event is open to the public. Please forward this invitation to others who may be interested. Contact Action Lab Director Megan Brown with any questions.
We hope to see you there!