The Liberal Arts Action Lab is now accepting student applications for the Fall 2022 Semester! Use the form below to apply! See brief project descriptions below the application form. Based on student, partner, and faculty interest, 4 out of the 5 projects below will run in the Fall 2022 semester.
Capital students are strongly encouraged to contact Prof. Jeff Partridge at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about the Lab.
Students must be available to enroll in two Action Lab courses beginning on Monday, September 12:
- The LAAL 200 Action Research Methods in Hartford (meets on Monday afternoons, from 1:15-3:55 pm)
- A LAAL 201 Hartford Research Project team that meets either Tuesdays or Thursdays from 1:30-4:10 pm or Wednesdays from 1:15-3:55 pm or 6:30-9:00 pm
Both will be taught by the Action Lab Director at our downtown campus, and successful students will earn 2 Trinity credits, which is the equivalent of 6 CCC credits. Cross-referenced Action Lab courses count toward Trinity majors in Ed Studies, Human Rights, Public Policy & Law, and Urban Studies. Contact us if you have questions about the application process.
- Youth Diversity & Equity Project: Work with the Boys and Girls Club of Hartford to investigate ways to amplify social justice and racial equity programming within the organization.
- Inclusive Museums Project: Help the Connecticut Historical Society learn what makes residents likely to visit the CHS’ history museum and library, and how the CHS can reduce barriers to accessing museums
- Hartford Small Businesses Project: Help Hartford NEXT understand how small businesses grow and thrive, as well the value small businesses bring to residents across Hartford’s neighborhoods