The Liberal Arts Action Lab is excited to announce that we are now accepting proposals for the Spring 2019 semester. The deadline to submit is September 28th, 2018.
Got an idea about how to strengthen Hartford? We can help research the problem and offer possible solutions. The Liberal Arts Action Lab invites Hartford community partners to submit a 3-paragraph proposal on a problem or question that you’d like help answering with a team of student and faculty researchers from Capital Community College and Trinity College. We broadly define community partners as neighborhood groups, non-profit organizations, government agencies, social entrepreneurs, etc.
Here’s a quick glance at the ground we’ve covered in our inaugural semester:
- Investigated the effects of eviction on Hartford residents
- Explored the relationship between health and housing in the North Hartford Promise Zone
- Determined strategies for leveraging arts, culture, and creativity to serve the Nook Farm area
- Identified ways to engage parents of teens who are learning English in an after-school program at the Hartford Public Library
- Interviewed suburban residents about their perceptions and interactions with Hartford and the PILOT program
The first step toward solving any problem is to define it. Interested in submitting a proposal? Head to action-lab.org/apply/partners-and-proposals to submit your proposal. For more information, contact the Action Lab Director, Megan Brown, at firstname.lastname@example.org.